Saturday, April 2, 2011

Once Again, You Have the RIGHT to Remain Silent!

I have been telling you for years that you have an absolute right to remain silent.

I have been telling you that NOTHING good can come from you "answering a few questions." Nevertheless, I get calls from potential clients who say, "...the police just came by to ask some questions and I answered...next thing I know, they arrested me."

Your right to remain silent does not imply guilt, it does not look suspicious, and even if it does, what do you care? You are NEVER going to talk your way out of criminal charges, but you can always talk your way into them.

No matter what you think, when the police are asking questions, they are smarter than you; if only by virtue of the fact that they know what they are looking for and you have no idea.

It doesn't matter if it is a simple traffic stop or you are stopped walking down the road or if they come knocking on your door: DO NOT ANSWER QUESTIONS! You can tell them your real name and you can show the real identification. Other than that, you have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT to remain silent and you have an ABSOLUTE RIGHT to have an attorney present during questioning.

How do you do it? It's easy, just 10 words:

"I will not answer any questions without my attorney present."

But you don't have to take my word for it. This Law Professor makes it pretty clear.

If you have any more questions, call Attorney David Givot at (888)293-0396.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment